Get Messy Season of Nature - Week 5

It is the Season of Nature at *Get Messy. So for the  next few weeks I'm working in this  Nomad Notebook journal.

                        *Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program that is a school, art playground and family. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal.

You can read more about why I love the Get Messy community here..
--

I created this first page early on in the week. The collage on the left half of the page is inspired by the collage style of Essie. She makes some really neat journal pages using little paper strips. I cut up watercolor paper for this technique.

The right half of the spread features one of my spirit bear illustrations.


I also created this second spread this week, although I don't love it. The photo is one I took in my backyard at Christmas (we got snow on Christmas! yay!),  but I don't love that I scraped paint on to the top of it. Oh well.


This week I've been doing some behind the scenes work on my blog, working on a collab journal, and still experimenting with oil paints. How has your week been?