Scrapbook Summer- guest post from Heather!

Hi, fellow scrapbookers!! I am so excited to get to guest blog for Punk Projects! Just a little info about me, I am a teenage scrapper, like Katie, and I love making cards as well as making layouts. If you're like me, you love finding new ways to make your own flowers! Today, I'll be sharing with you a tutorial about making a dimensional fabric flower. It's easy peasy lemon squeezy. :)
 What you'll need:
- a hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 6 diecutted fabric circles or scalloped circles (mine are about 2 inches in diameter)
- 1 smaller circle of either fabric or paper
- an embellishment for the center of your flower
Step #1: Dab a dot of hot glue in the center of one of your fabric circles.


Step #2: Pinch the fabric in the center on the back while the glue is still pliable. Hold in place till the glue has hardened (you might want to switch from hand to hand because the glue can get pretty hot!).

Step #3: Glue the pinched "triangle" to where the point is pointing to the center of the circle.

Step #4: Repeat step 3 for all 6 fabric pieces, gluing them until you have completed a flower.

Step #5: Glue an embellishment of your choice in the center of the flower to top it off.

Your flower should now look like this:

And here's a layout I did with this flower. I love the dimension these flowers give to a page!




I hope this little tutorial will inspire you to create some beautiful flowers for your next layout! Come visit me at my blog (http://craftyscrapbooker.blogspot.com/) sometime!