Donut Softie DIY + Happy National Donut day!

When I first started thinking about softies I should make my Summer Softies posts, Donuts are not what came to mind. But, did you know today is National Donut Day? Well, it is. So of course, I just had to make a donut softie! : )
 This softie also make the cutest pin cushion! Just add yours pins, and they look like sprinkles!! so cute. See?

Okay, on to the tutorial--
Supplies: Felt, Stuffing, Needle and Thread, Pins, Sewing Machine (optional)
1. Download and cut out the pattern here.
Pin your pattern to your felt, and cut out your pieces. You need 2 of the donuts, and 1 frosting.
 2. Pin your frosting to one of your donut pieces, and sew around the scallops.
 3. Place your 2 donuts right sides together and pin. Sew around the outside circle. Staying 1/4" away from the edge.
4. Add a few notches so that it turns right side out a little bit easier.
 5. Flip right side out.
 6. Stuff it.
 7. Taking a needle and thread, sew up the inside seam, going in a circle. Like so:
 Voila! I think if I made some more, I might make them bigger and fatter, but I still think it's super cute.

Did you make a donut using this tutorial? I'd l-o-v-e to see a picture!!