Felt Autumn Coasters DIY

We needed some coasters in our new Apt, so I thought it would be cute to make some fun autumn-y themed coasters. They're the perfect size for a cup of tea, or coffee, But I'm a tea junkie. I love it. ;)
Onto the tutorial!
Supplies: Brown, Tan, Orange and Green Felt, Embroidery Thread, Needle.
1. Download the pattern HERE.
2. Using the pattern, cut out the pieces from felt. 
3. Stitch the pieces together using embroidery thread and a needle. I outlined each felt piece with stitches as well to give them a more finished look.

Easy, right?

Just a thought: I will be the first to admit that my hand sewing isn't the best, my stitches are crooked and not placed the sames distance apart every time. But I don't mind. Normally I would just sew them using the sewing machine, but I wanted these to have a hand stitched look. I like that they're not perfect.

Do you like to handstitch or do you usually use the sewing machine?