Sharpie Organization

The way I've been storing my sharpies lately is to throw them all into a cardboard box, stuck on my bookcase. Which is so sad because they're so pretty they should be displayed. So, I restyled the cardboard box so that I can stand my sharpies up and organize them.
This started out as a USPS medium flat rate box. I cut the flaps off, trimmed the box down to 4" so that my sharpies stick out over the top, and then created the grid inside with the cardboard flaps.

But, I didn't want to leave it looking like a mailing box, so I painted the inside pieces with lime green paint, and covered both the inside and outside of the box in recycled maps. Also, so the the top edge doesn't look like cardboard, I trimmed it with washi tape.
Color coordinating the sharpies makes me so happy. It gives me warm fuzzies. I need to do something like this for the rest of my pens and markers that aren't sharpies as well. Like my new Faber-Castell goodies.

How do you store your pens/markers? Would you like a tutorial on how to make this box?