Cutting out Stamped Designs with the ScanNCut

You may or may not know this (I haven't written much about it here on the blog) but about a month ago I sold my older Cricut Expression and bought a Silhouette Cameo. I made a couple of projects with it- Coffee Typography Notebook, Tea Typography notebook, but it never quite worked right for me. It cut where it wasn't supposed to and made a lot of noise. I probably just got a lemon of a machine, I know a lot of people that love theirs, but I returned it and bought the brand new Brother ScanNCut machine.

I love my new ScanNCut, I like that I can easily draw things and cut them without having to hook up my computer! I've found a fun way to easily cut out my stamped designs. You can just stamp, scan and cut which means no more fussy cutting around a stamped image!


Here's how I do it-
First I stamped a couple of snowmen using a Stampers Big Brush Pen on white cardstock. After it dried (which was pretty quick.) I loaded it onto my ScanNCut mat and loaded the mat and click "Scan", and then "Direct Cut".


The ScanNCut cut around my snowman for me! I will never have to fussy cut around another design again! ;) This is not the only thing I use the machine for, obviously, but it's definitely a handy trick to know.


I've been using my ScanNCut on a lot of projects, scrapbook layouts, cards, etc. I love Julie's ideas using the ScanNCut!

Do you have the ScanNCut? I'd love to see your projects with it!