She was an Artist Journal Page + Document Life Workshop

The challenges at Document Life Workshop are always inspiring and this weeks challenge at Document Life Workshop is to get inspired by a magazine cover. I was inspired by the black and white cover of I Heart Paper. I love how the magazine cover has a fun chalkboard feel and I wanted that on my page as well.


Curious about how I made the girl? Well, I certainly didn't cut her out by hand, I don't have the patience for that. ;) I drew her on paper and then scanned her into my Brother ScanNCut. I cut her out from black cardstock and placed her over the mixed media background I did.

For the background, I applied matte medium through stencils directly onto my journal page. Once that was dry I lightly rubbed silver, gold and metallic mint Gelatos over top of it for a bit of color.


If you get a chance, go see what magazine covers the other members of Document Life Workshop were inspired by!