Caprock Canyons Mini Album

Today's challenge at Document Life Workshop is to "Use a past challenge" from the DLW blog. I decided to go with the Heat Embossing challenge Megan shared a while back.

I used an embossing pen to write out my title by hand and then pour embossing powder over that and heat it up. For the ombre look on the top of the cover, I rubbed a bit of red gelato along the edge and then worked my way down with a wet brush.


I haven't mastered the heat gun yet, as you can see my embossing isn't completely smooth. I don't want to burn or warp the paper so I try not to get too close. Any tips would be appreciated! :)


Here's a look at all my pages. I used papers from Echo Parks camping line and papers from Studio Calico Thataway collection. I think the two go really well together, I love the colors.


If you get a chance hop over to the Document Life Workshop blog to see what challenges the other design team members decided to do.