Gelli Printed Art Journal

I decorated this art journal for my friend, Heather, who creates beautiful scrapbook layouts, but since she's always up for an artsy challenge I decided to make her an "Art Journal Starter Kit" for Christmas.

I included this small art journal, some washi tape, a Spectrum Noir marker, a handcarved stamp, etc. :)


I started by gelli printing some fun patterns onto newspaper, then I cut them into strips and mixed them up and glued them onto the cover of the small journal. I smeared silver and pink gelatos along the edges to just distress it a bit. After that I did some doodling (my favorite technique) and added the quote + some bling. I love this quote by Danny Kaye.


These prints are on the inside covers-


I really hope Heather likes it! She's super creative when it comes to scrapbooking and I think she'll like a little art journaling every now and then.