Mixed Media Bookmarks

I made these artsy mixed media bookmarks for my Aunt. She is a book-lover and an Author. (She wrote Maddie's Wings- check out my review here.) I wanted to make her something small for Christmas that I thought she'd like, so I whipped these up.


I started by adding the quilt patterned paper scraps to the book marks, then I applied some matte medium through a stencil. Once that was dry I added a few drops of yellow and orange alcohol ink and then smeared some of Design Memory Crafts awesome gelatos around on it. I love gelatos, they are so vibrant!

The birds were from a collage sheet by Frog Dog Studio. I cut around those and adhered them down, then I added my quotes, doodles and went over them with a glaze medium to finish them off.


Which one is your favorite? Mine is the "We read to know that we are not alone" bookmark.