Recycled Pirouline Can Lanterns DIY

I'm excited to announce that I'm collaborating with Pirouline in 2014 to bring you one awesome recycled project every month using their cookie tins!
I did a couple of fun projects using Pirouline tins last year that I shared here on Punk Projects, Restyled Owl Tins and Yule Log Tins.

For my first project of 2014 using Pirouline tins, I did something I've been wanting to do for a little while- make tin lanterns! I saw something sort of like this on pinterest and really wanted to do it, so this is my version!


Supplies: Empty Pirouline Cans (or other empty can.) Spray Paint, Paint Markers, Strong Hole Punch or Drill.


1. Paint and decorate your cans! I didn't want to brush paint the cans, so I grabbed a can of spray paint and painted them blue. To continue embellishing them, I used paint markers to doodle scallops and polka dots.



2. Using a permanent marker, mark small dots where you want to punch your holes. For my design, I went with simple stars/starbursts.



3. Punch the holes. I used a crop-a-dile big bite to punch my holes- It is a strong hole punch, and worked just fine punch through the tin.
If you don't have a crop-a-dile punch, I recommend using a drill.


Now just light a few candles and place them inside so that the light shines out of your design! These make such fun little candle holders and would make a cute centerpiece, I think.
 

If you also love recycling, I hope you'll stay tuned for more of my projects with Pirouline tins!

You can find out more about Pirouline Cookies here: Website | Twitter | Facebook