Art Journal Round Robin

I signed up for an "Art Journal Round Robin" hosted by Tina from Frog Dog Studio. (signups are already closed.) I did one of these years ago between a couple of friends but sadly, our art journal got lost in the mail. I'm crossing my fingers that I have better luck this time and that I wont lose this journal!

Everyone starts out with their own journal and decorates the cover and the first page then we mail them out to other artists and work in each others journals. I think it sounds really fun.


For my cover, I started by gluing on strips of paper that I printed on the gelli plate. I added some chipboard buttons, painted over them with gesso and once that was dry, I colored over them with gelatos and sprinkled on glitter. I ended up with more glitter than I wanted, there was a bit of a glitter explosion.


My first page is just a little bit about me. I drew on the girl, she's sort of a self portrait? I was just drawing a girl on the page but I think she looks like me a little bit...

I'm excited to get start on this art journal round robin!