Mixed Media Tag- Stamping on Vellum

Back in April I shared some of my mixed media tags on Rukristin, as well as tips for creating them. Today I wanted to share how I made this tag in particular, which is one of my favorites.

I used alcohol ink markers (Prismacolor markers) to color my stamped vellum heart.


Supplies: Tag, Vellum, Stamp, Ink, Alcohol Ink  Markers

1. Stamp your design onto a piece of vellum.

2. On the backside of your vellum, color in your design using the alcohol ink markers. They don't blend quite like they do on paper, but I really like the look.


3. Cut out your design and use it on your tag!

For the rest of my tag, I started by layering a few paper scraps, a bit of stamping and then gesso and spray mists. I really like how the vellum is still transparent with the alcohol ink coloring.