My Go-To Art Journaling Supplies

There are so many messy mixed media supplies out there, and I know it can be intimidating if you're thinking about experimenting with mixed media or art journaling. I have favorite supplies that I use all of the time in my art journal. they're my "go-to supplies" and I thought I'd share them here with you in case you're curious about what I use.


Basics-
  • Pens and Markers - I have so many different writing/drawing utensils! If I had to choose just one supply to use for the rest of my life, it would be markers. Some of my favorite brands are- Sharpie, Micron, Posca, Montana Markers and PITT Pens.
  • Scrapbooking Paper
  • Paint Brushes
  • Acrylic Paints - Paints are a great way to add color into your journal! It doesn't have to be fancy paints- the cheapest acrylic paint you can find will work here.
  • Gesso - You can use this medium to add weight to your background paper for wet mediums, texture,  or for covering up mistakes.



Extra Fun Supplies-

  • Spray Mists - Another fun way to add color into your journal.
  • Stamps
  • Gelatos - No, not the ice cream. ;) Gelatos are an amazingly vibrant pigment stick that you can use in so many ways!
  • Gelli Plate - Use this fun tool to monoprint your own patterned papers. I love using gelli printed papers in my art journal!
  • Stencils
  • Washi Tape - Because washi is awesome on everything!
  • Stickers

There are other supplies that I like to play with, like distress inks, gel mediums, etc but this list is all of my absolute favorite supplies!

Do you have a stash of go-to supplies that you always use?