Book Review- DIY Mason Jars

I recently picked up this book, DIY Mason Jars, on clearance at Half Price Books (one of my FAVE stores!). I love finding awesome crafting books, and finding them for less than $3 is even better, right?

I have an entire shelf on my bookcase filled with mason jars, some restyled and some not, so I was excited for this book. Here's my review of it:


First, a little bit about it from Amazon: "With DIY Mason Jars, you'll find everything you need to make one-of-a-kind creations with everyone's favorite jar. Featuring step-by-step instructions and four-color photographs, this book will kickstart your creativity with thirty-five imaginative projects that will add a pop of fun to any room. It also includes darling label designs that turn ordinary containers into whimsical centerpieces and gifts you won't be able to find anywhere else."

What I like about the book is that the project categories are separated up, like "In the Kitchen" and "Around the Home" and "Useful Jars". The first section of the book, Mason Miscellany, gives you extra info about the classic mason jar, history about jars and the types of jars.

While I think the projects are all adorable, a lot of the projects are geared more towards beginner crafters. Which isn't a problem but if you're looking for crafts with a lot of steps this isn't the book for you.

Some of my favorite projects in the book are the Mason Jar Magents, Mason Jar Oil Lamps and the Potted Succulents. As a doodler, I also love the illustrations in this book.

You can pick up a copy of this book on Amazon, here.

*I was not compensated in any way for this post, I just like to share my thoughts of fun craft books.