DIY Map Art Trunk

Hey guys, this week is map paper week on the Hazel and Ruby blog! This is my FAVORITE paper from Hazel and Ruby so I've loved seeing the projects that the design team has been making.

For my project I wanted to restyled this old trunk (I found it at a garage sale for a couple of dollars.), I thought it would look really neat with the front covered in a map so I covered it. ;)


I started by cutting a piece of the Maps of the World  wrap it up paper into the size I needed and adhering it on with Mod Podge.


I cut out the shape of the United States (file from The Cut Shoppe) using my Silhouette Portrait and the Cut your own Stencil Material. I placed it on top of my map and traced around it with a black marker and removed the mask.


I decided to add a bit of messy fun to my restyled trunk so I grabbed some TextureZ by Shimmerz and painted it into my USA. I just dabbed it on with a paint brush because I loved the texture (it has a perfect name!) it gave.


Once that was dry, I gave it a final coat of Mod Podge and let that dry as well! I left the sides of my trunk blank because I love the vintage-y look of them and thought it worked well with my map paper.


Have a fantastic day! Be sure and hop on over to the Hazel & Ruby blog for more Makery Team inspiration!