DIY Decor Tape Map Art

Hey guys, Today I wanted to share with you the tutorial of how I made this fun, mixed media wall art featuring Hazel and Ruby's new DIY Decor Tape. If you haven't heard of it yet, the DIY Decor tape is like giant washi tape and it's AMAZING!

It's perfect for restyled furniture and home decor, but I wanted to try using it in an art project as well.


Supplies: DIY Decor Tape, Canvas, Blindside Alpha Stencil Masks, Black Paint, gel pen, black marker


I started by printing out a simple map of the world and covered it with a roll of the 4" green DIY Decor Tape. The Decor Tape is see through enough that I could see the outlines to cut out the shapes.


I spray painted my canvas mint using some Krylon Paint. Once that was dry, I covered it with the gold polka dot DIY Decor Tape. I love how it has a slight mint tint to it.


I added my quote to the bottom half of the canvas using the Blindside Alpha stencil masks. If you have trouble getting your letters straight, use a see through ruler (this is a quilting ruler) to line them up.


I drew around my letters, peeled them up and filled them in with black acrylic paint.



Once my letters were dry, I peeled my Decor Tape continents off of the paper map and placed them down on to the top half of my canvas.

I also decided to outline them with a black marker, and outline my quote using a neon gel pen.




I now have a shiny new piece of art for my wall! The DIY Decor Tape made a fantastic background on my canvas as well as making it easy to get the map shapes!