Photographing Lake Somerville + Astrophotography Take 2

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you know that we love taking weekend camping trips and I take a lot of nature photos. Nature photography is my thing.

Our most recent camping trip took us to Lake Somerville state park, here are my photos:


You can tell in the sunrise pictures below that I need to clean my lens. There's a few specks on it...



I've become enthralled with astrophotography. I tried it out for the first time on our last camping trip and I was excited to give it another go. My photos still need a lot of work, but I'm learning!


These next couple of photos are actually kinda blurry, but I am so proud of them! That green blob is Comet Lovejoy. Which wont be around for another 8,000 years or so and I'm so happy to have gotten photos of it!


It's in the top right corner of the photo below, with the Pleiades in the left of the photo.



I can't wait to try out astrophotography again!

What's your favorite type of photography to take or look at?