DIY Decoupage Resist Background

Hey guys!  Today is my last post as part of the Helmar design team and I wanted to show you guys the technique I used to make the background of this art journal page.


I started by taking a piece of patterned paper and painting circles on it using Decoupage and Craft Paste



Once the Decoupage and Craft Paste was dry, I scribbled over it in a couple of different shades of Design Memory Craft Gelatos and then sprayed them with water and spread the color around.


The  Decoupage and Craft Paste will act as a resist to the gelatos, so just take a paper towel or baby wipe and wipe the color off of the area that you painted the  Decoupage and Craft Pasteon.



I finished off my page by adding the girl transparency, adhering her down with a little bit of Helmar Craft Glue. I also sealed the page with Crystal Kote Gloss Varnish Spray.



Have you tried this technique? It's one of the many ways to resist!