Product Review: Imagine Crafts Creative Mediums

Last Summer I received some product from Imagine Crafts to review here on the blog, I had lots of fun testing out the different mixed media product and seeing how they worked on different projects.

Imagine Crafts contacted me again after CHA asking if I would like to try out their newest product, and how could I say no?

You can find my previous Imagine Crafts reviews here:

Today I want to tell you guys about their new Creative Mediums.


First, what is Creative Medium? Here's a small blurb from their website:

"Creative Medium in clear-drying Original, sparkly Shimmer and sepia-toned Vintage are quick drying mediums that can be used for collage and more."

Today I'm showing you some of the iridescent and metallic mediums.

They come in little 2oz containers for $6.99 each, I usually buy media like this in small containers so that I can try it out, so I think this is the perfect size.

The mediums themselves are a bit like frosting, they have a beautiful creamy texture.


The Metallic Creative Mediums show up on both light and dark papers. I used a palette knife to spread the medium through a stencil.



The Iridescent Creative Mediums are a little bit different. They are only colorful on darker papers.

I think this is magical and really cool because I don't know how it works, but also a bit of a bummer because you cannot get those gorgeous colors on white paper.


As you can see below, on white paper they don't have the same color as they do on the dark paper.
Although I sort of wish that they did, I also love the pearl look that they have on lighter paper. It's sort of mixed feelings. ;)


The medium is still the pearl color in the bottle and when you first apply it to paper. It's only as it dries on the darker paper that it turns colors, as you can see in the picture below.


Although I wish that the iridescent mediums were colorful on all papers, I also think it is pretty awesome that they are only colorful on dark. What do you think?

I'll be sharing more reviews of fun new product from Imagine Crafts this week!

---

If you have a product you want me to review, you can find info here.

I was compensated for this by with free product from Imagine Crafts, but all opinions are my own.