DIY Gelli Print Journal

I shared this on the Hazel and Ruby blog earlier this month and I somehow forgot to share it here.

I recently bought a Bind-It-All Machine (by Zutter) and today I wanted to share with you this art journal I made using it, Hazel and Ruby products, Shimmerz Coloringz and a Gelli Plate!

I'm participating in the art journal group "Get Messy" (read more about them here.) and the journal prompts for April and May were all based on being Brave. So I made a themed journal just for those prompts.


I love the pretty colors of the Shimmerz Coloringz sprays so I used those to color a dozen or so different papers.


I prepped all of my pretty papers with some of the fabulous Hazel and Ruby Stencil Masks. I even used the Cut your own stencil mater and cut out my favorite leafy die from Spellbinders and a cut from The Cut Shoppe.


Using my 8"x10" Gelli Plate, I spread a bit of white paint on it and printed over my papers.

Normally when I do gelli printing, I think "The more layers the better!" but this time I tried very hard to keep the pages minimalist with the white layer over the spray misted papers.


After gelli printing all of my papers I peeled off all of the masks to see the pretty colors showing through! I also trimmed them down into 4 pieces each so that they were a good size for my journal.


The backs of the prints we pretty plain, so I used some of the Maps of the World Wrap it Up paper as well as a few of the 4" rolls of DIY Decor Tape (Not just for Decor!) to cover up the backs of the pages.

After that I loaded up all of the pages into my Bind-it-All and finished my journal!


Thanks for stopping by! I hope I've inspired you to get out your gelli plate and make some prints!

Do you art journal?