DIY Recipe Tin using an Empty Pirouline Cookie Tin


If you're new here, I post a recycled Pirouline tin craft every month! You can find them all here.

This months Pirouline project is a fun and useful project! I turned an empty tin into a recipe tin, filled with recipes that are perfect for Autumn- like pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pizza... Yeah, I'm just kidding on that last one, but I do love pumpkin!



Supplies: Empty Pirouline Tin, Gold and Black Spray Paint, Watercolor Paper, Watercolors, Marker, Cardstock, Ribbon or Raffia, Adhesive, Washi Tape

1. Start by painting your tin. I painted mine gold and then added a black stripe for interest.


2. Trace around your lid onto a piece of watercolor paper so you have a circle that fits the top of your lid.
Next, you'll want to embellish it. I wrote out the words "Fall Recipes" and doodled/painted on some pumpkin pie and a cup, but you can of customize it.
Try using stamps, markers instead of watercolors, stickers, etc.


3. Adhere the paper circle to the top of your lid.


4. Next take a couple of strands of raffia or ribbon and tie them around your tin. This is just for fun because I like the look.


5. Next, cut a rectangle of orange cardstock that fits in your tin. Because the tin is round, you have skinny recipe cards but there is still room for recipes on it! Also cut a piece of white paper about 1/4 smaller than the orange.

6. Adhere the white paper on top of the orange, as pictured below.


7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for however many recipe cards you need. I also added little washi tape tabs to them.

8. Write on your recipes!


I love everything about Autumn, it is definitely my most favorite time of the year! I've got this recipe tin sitting on a shelf with some vintage canisters and it fits right in!

I also think this would make a great gift for your pumpkin spice loving friends!


You can find out more about the yummy Pirouline Cookies here: Website | Twitter | Facebook