Get Messy Thursday- Thoughts

It's Thursday again! Time for a peek into my arty journal.
This is the Season of Words in the Get Messy Art Journal community, so I am art journaling in a copy of Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.

It is the last week of the Season of Words in Get Messy, and if I do say so myself, I made some pretty sweet pages. I've journaled in maybe a quarter of my altered book, so I will definitely still be journaling it in the future.

I seem to have been on a theme of "thoughts" when art journaling this week. Sometimes my thoughts run wild and it's good to jot them down like this.


The page below is inspired by this page by Caroline from Made Vibrant. I saw her page on instagram and loved the style.

The quote is from Mockingjay, one of my favorites.


I got back to my doodle roots with the next page. I love doodling, but sometimes I just can't keep things simple and they turn into elaborate drawings. Which is why it's nice to just do little doodles like this.

The background is a gelli print.



I printed out a copy of a girl I watercolored earlier this month from my sketch book and adhered her onto this page. I highlighted another quote from Mockingjay, as it seemed to fit.


On the page below I used one of the Gelli Print mandalas I created last week. You can find a tutorial on how to make those here.


More gelli prints on this page. I created these leaf prints wayyyy back at the beginning of the year and they finally made it onto my page. I'm not all that into skulls, but I had this little vellum skeleton and he wanted to be on this page.


For the page below, I was actually inspired by Tiffany's style. Her pages seem to have a lot of white and color and they're always pretty magical. So they definitely inspired me.


The horses were from an adult coloring book. I colored them in using Spectrum Noir markers, which bled through to the back of the page. I loved the bleed through look on the back, so I cut them out and flipped them over before adhering them on this page.



I use a lot, a lot of quotes in my art journals. What's you current favorite quote?

Want to see more of my art journals? Visit my archives.