A Vintage Zine

Today I have another art journal zine to share, I love doing these! It's fun to have a miniature art journal done in one theme. You can find the previous zines I've participated in here-SpaceSea, Bold.

This time our zine was vintage themed, we are creatively calling it "Zintage".

We created this zine for the lovely Karen Gaunt, who is a fellow Get Messy Art Journaler.  Patricia joined Me, Julia, and Vanessa for this zine and I love her collage like style.




I did warn the others that if we were doing a "vintage" themed zine, that I was going to have to do a Star Trek page. I mean, how can you have a vintage theme and not have some good ole 1960's scifi?



Left page by Julia, Right page by me.

My geek slipped out a little more and Wolverine (from x-men) ended up on a page as well. I had an old X-Men comic I'd been saving for crafts and I Wolverine was just so perfect for this page.

Left page by me, Right page by Patricia?

My page above was inspired by vintage quilts. I watercolored some patterns onto the page.



Do you think this girl looks vintage-y, or a lover of vintage? That's the look I was going for. I painted gesso over book pages and then painted her and my saying on.


Left page by me, Right page by Vanessa

I've been saving some vintage clip art from the 70's, slowly using it in projects. I thought it was the perfect time to use this horse.



I love collaborating on art journals like this! I highly encourage you guys to go visit their blogs and see the rest of the zine!