Get Messy Thursday- Magic Watercolors

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you're having a fabulous day.

Since it is Thursday, I am sharing a peek into my art journal. This is the Season of Magic  in the Get Messy Art Journal community, so my pages are inspired by that.

Looking back, I seem to have done a lot of watercoloring in my journal pages this week.



Light vs Dark

I had originally planned to add more to these pages but when I got to this point I loved them exactly how they were and didn't want to mess them up. So I decided to just leave them as is. Nice and simple.




As you can probably tell, the page above was done in my altered copy of Mockingjay.


Fairytales

I had actually drawn this little owl back in July, when I was down visiting Taylor in Phoenix, but I just now got around to adding him into my journal.

I continued the dotty swirls off of the owl drawing onto the rest of my journal page.


Think in Magic.

This page seems rather messy, but I like it. I did the background by splattering a few different colors of spray mists onto one side of the page, and then I closed the book to smear it onto the opposite side of the page as well.

The mushrooms I painted on with some Fluid Acrylics by DecoArt.



 Want more magical pages? Check out what I did last week. There was a lot of glitter involved.


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! xo, -Katie