Get Messy Thursday- The Season of Magic

A new season of Get Messy Art Journal has started! This time, it is the Season of Magic. For this season I am working in a variety of art journals. I will be doing pages in my Season of Words altered book, This ebrushed journal, as well as working some of the prompts into my December Daily album.

What is Get Messy Thursday? At the beginning of 2015 I joined an online community called "Get Messy". It is a group of art journalers and creatives. If you're interested you can learn more (and sign up) on the Get Messy blog here.  The fun thing about the Get Messy Art Journaling group is that they have "seasons" and every season has different themed prompts.

Over the next 6 weeks I'll be sharing my art journal pages inspired by Get Messy. This season is the "Season of Magic", so expect to see lots of glitter.


Here are my pages this week, I used a lot of paint and black.

For this first page, I was inspired by this pin, with some glowing hands. I attempted to paint my own. :)


You know me and my love of space. I can't have a journal about magic if there isn't a galaxy involved. Which is why I painted one on this page.

The photo was part of a self portrait I took back in May, I just cut myself out and adhered the photo over a couple of tissue paper circles.


The last page has a moon and a Van Gogh quote. How is that not magical?


What would be on your magical art pages? I need to do a page about tea, because it is pretty dang magical.