Get Messy Thursday- Season of Magic Week 5

Hey guys, Since it is Thursday, I am sharing a peek into my art journal. This is the Season of Magic  in the Get Messy Art Journal community, so my pages are inspired by that.
For this season I am working in a variety of art journals. I will be doing pages in my Season of Words altered bookThis ebrushed journal, as well as working some of the prompts into my December Daily album.


Let's start off this post with a Christmas page! There's only one week until Christmas Eve, which I'm excited about.

One of my favorite things to do during the Christmas season is to put candy canes in my tea. It's yummy! This little bear I doodled loves mint tea too.


I colored the butterfly on this next page in a coloring book earlier in the year with Copic markers. I decided to cut him out and add him into my journal with a bit of fun lettering.


I love this next page. I saw some watercolored crystals on Pinterest this morning and knew I had to try painting some. 
It's a bit random being above Hunger Games text, but that's alright.


You know me and my love of moons, space, stars, etc. I just discovered the word "Selenophile" which basically means a person who loves the moon. I guess that's me. So I had to include it in my journal.

I did the right page of this spread last week, and then yesterday I took a quick selfie in my room, printed it out in black and white and then journaled over.

Everything was going GREAT, and then I accidentally put my hand into some black paint and smeared it onto my face. AHH. I was so devastated. I did my best to wipe it off, but you could still tell there was a black smudge right through my eye. So I used a tiny bit of gesso to cover it up and then had to redraw my face...

I still like the page, but I loved it before I smudged it up.


The next page is just "meh" to me. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.



And lastly, my first digital art journal page! One of the Get Messy challenges this week was to try creating a digital art journal page, so here is mine. It is space themed, obviously.



Have you ever done a digital art journal page? What theme would you make it?