Girl Boss Art Journal Zine

Today I have another art journal zine to share, I love doing these! It's fun to have a miniature art journal done in one theme. You can find the previous zines I've participated in here-SpaceSeaBoldVintageWoodland, Spirit.

The "Zine Squad" consists of 3 main members, Myself, Vanessa and Julia, and then we usually ask another art journaler or two to join us on gifting a zine to someone.

This time, We asked Lauren & Lucia to join us on making this Girl Boss zine for Torrie.



If you didn't figure it you by the name, this art journal zine is all about us girls. The base and cover were made by Lauren.



Page on left by Vanessa, Page on right made by me. I colored the little earth with markers before distressing it with a bit of white paint.



One of my favorite things to say is "I do what I want". So, I sort of added that to this page after I finished watercoloring the background and girl.


Page on left by Vanessa (?), page on right made by me.

I grew up loving Lisa Frank stationary (what 90's kid didn't?), and since I just happen to have a Lisa Frank coloring book, I had to tear out this page with a unicorn on it to include in the journal. Just had to.


And this one was definitely my favorite page I made in this zine, because, you know- Space!

I found that quote by Erica Kathleen on pinterest and fell in love with it. It also seemed to fit well with the Girl Boss theme.

The galaxy was a picture from last years calendar and actually had Carl Sagan standing on that rock, but I repainted it so it would be a girl. :)


I love collaborating on art journals like this! I highly encourage you guys to go visit their blogs and see the rest of the zine, because the rest of the pages are amazing!

What theme would you make for a zine? There are so many possibilities!