Get Messy- Season of Happy Week 3

Happy Thursday! We're already on the third week of the Season of Happy over in the Get Messy community. This week my pages were inspired by street art.

 Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program that is a school, art playground and family. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and suppport and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal.

You can read more about why I love the Get Messy community here.


One of the prompts this week had us trying our hand at graffiti or street art in our art journal. I was having a hard time "graffiti-ing" my art journal, so I decided to just do what I thought I'd love to paint as a mural on a wall somewhere.

It was also my week on the Get Messy blog (as a part of their design team) and I shared a tutorial for making gelli print backgrounds to use in your art journal.




I actually used this quote twice- I loved it.


On this page below I had plans to collage the canyon scene (like I did) and then to paint a larger quote over it. But once I got done with the collage part, I loved it to much to paint over.


And my last page for the week- This one I actually painted a quote over. :)




 What sort of mural would you love to paint on a wall? I really want to see that astronaut dinosaur on a wall somewhere...