Get Messy- Season of Happy Week 4

Happy Thursday! It is week 4 of the Season of Happy over in the Get Messy community. Below are my pages.

  Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program that is a school, art playground and family. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and suppport and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal.

You can read more about why I love the Get Messy community here.


My first page was inspired by the movie Inside Out. The little characters are what my emotions look like. ;) Atleast how I imagine I look with them. Haha.


This next page wasn't really inspired by a prompt, it just goes with the happy season. The background started out as a blue gelli print that I added a bit of black gesso. I also added a bit of gold and aqua foil pieces (from my Heidi Swapp Minc machine).


A couple of weeks ago I was printing out some photos to scrapbook but the first few I printed, the ink turned out weird so my photos didn't look quite right. I reprinted them for scrapbooking, but I saved one of the weird ones (it's very blue) and included it in this art journal spread.


I had a couple of book pages laying on my desk, so I made it a goal to see just how much of this quote I could cut out from them.


And for my last one I challenged myself to use only red and black. Two colors I find challenging.


What colors do you find challenging to use?