DIY Flowering Tea Pot Decor for your Garden or Home

You guys- Spring is almost here! Only a few more days!

Early last year there was a video trending on facebook of some designers styling a vintage teapot with fresh flowers flowing out of it. Weird, but amazing and unique! I am such a tea-junkie and I loved the idea so I made a version of my own!

I used fake flowers from the dollar store as well as a thrifted teapot to make this on a budget!

Make this flowering tea pot decor for your garden or home with this DIY by @punkprojects
Make this flowering tea pot decor for your garden or home with this DIY by @punkprojects
Make this flowering tea pot decor for your garden or home with this DIY by @punkprojects


Supplies:

  • Tea Pot/Kettle
  • Wire Mesh - I actually removed the bottom and used a mesh trashcan I had, but I think you could also use chicken wire, or another type of wire mesh.
  • Fake Flowers
  • Hot Glue
  • Duct Tape
  • Wire Snips
  • Pencil (optional)


1. Cut a piece of wire mesh, I didn't measure mine (shame on me, I know) but at least 1 foot tall. Form it into a cone/tornado shape and squish the bottom as tiny as you possibly can.


2. Next you need to attach the mesh to the kettle.

I probably don't have the best solution for this, but I used what I had on hand, which was some duct tape, a pencil and a lot of glue.


3. Choose what fake flowers you want to use.


4. Use your wire snips to snip off all but 1" of the stem of your flowers.


5. Use a large amount of hot glue to attach the flowers to the mesh.

Another option would be to wrap the wire stem around/through the mesh.




6. I started by lacing my largest flowers around the mesh, and then filling in the gaps with more smaller flowers.


Just keep attaching flowers until you get the whole thing covered!

Make this flowering tea pot decor for your garden or home with this DIY by @punkprojects
Make this flowering tea pot decor for your garden or home with this DIY by @punkprojects

Bring on Spring!!

What is your favorite flower? I'm not sure I can choose! I love blue bonnets, and daffodils, and daisies!