The Lilac Color Chaos Journal

Today I'm sharing an update on the group art journal project I am a part of  -  The Color Chaos Journals! 

6 of my art journal friends and I decided to do sort of an art journal round robin, we each start a journal and send it to each other, letting the others create pages in their journals.

The twist? Each journal is a different color! Fun! See the previous journals I've worked in here- PinkRed, Gold, Blue.  This past month I have been working in the Lilac Journal and it's so lovely.

I think purple is super pretty but I don't use it in my work very often because I have trouble working with it. Weird, I know, but it's one of the colors that challenges me.

I had to suck it up and use it for this journal though, since it is Lilac themed! :)


The background for this page is a gelli print I did. They make the best backgrounds! After I glued the print and some tissue paper down, I stamped some "X's", and I painted/drew the girl on top.


For this next page I did an ombre circle using gelatos on top of gesso. The blend so well.
I'm not sure who added the unicorn image, but I had fun adding the sunburst coming out of the horn.


I've made it my goal to do a space page in all of the Color Chaos journals. This time I painted a purple galaxy.


I copied this lovely lilac haired lady out my sketchbook. I colored her a few days ago with pink hair, so I scanned in a copy & photoshopped it to be more lilac toned.


A Purple tinted picture of Venus. Because, why not?


This Instax picture ended up being a fail, but it made for a lovely art journal page!


I love doodling, if you didn't already know it. For this page I grabbed a purple Sharpie and just went a bit crazy.
The page on the left is a combination of washi tape and acrylic paints. Are you jealous of my hedgehog washi tape?



So there we have it! This was such a fun journal, but I can definitely say I'm ready to put down the purple paint for a little while.

What colors do you find challenging?

If you have a couple of minutes, be sure to stop by the rest of the Color Chaos Gang's blog to see they're colorful journals!