Abstract Art Journal Zine

Today I have another art journal zine to share, I love doing these! It's fun to have a miniature art journal done in one theme. 

You can find the previous zines I've participated in here- SpaceSeaBoldVintageWoodland, SpiritGirl BossGothImagination,  Infinite Possibilities,  Home,  Vanessa, Verona.

This time, the Zine Squad (Julia, Vanessa and I) collaborated with Sarah Rondon to make an Abstract zine!

Cover by Julia and I.


Left page by me, background on the right by Julia.

Abstract is so hard for me. I like details and realistic-ish drawings. I do enjoy other's abstract art, but I'm not very good at making it. This first page is only sort of abstract? I mean, her hair isn't at all abstract, but she does have a pretty magical face...

Spread by me.

I was inspired by some abstract patterns I saw on pinterest so I made this background. After painting on the black gesso circles I decided to make them little galaxies, so I used some gold and blue metallic watercolors on them.

Left page by me, Right page by Sarah.

I received some stamps by Natalie Keilbach as I was working on this zine and they were so perfect for it.

Left page by Vanessa?, Right page by me.

I recently got this guinea pig washi tape and I basically want to use it on ALL the things.



I love collaborating on art journals like this! I highly encourage you guys to go visit their blogs and see the rest of the zine, because the rest of the pages are amazing!

Do you ever do any abstract art?