Get Messy Thursday- Faces and Galaxies



It is the Season of Introspection in the Get Messy community, and I am using an altered atlas as my art journal.


        Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program that is a school, art playground and family. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and suppport and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal.

You can read more about why I love the Get Messy community here.


I really liked the prompts this week, and I also had a tutorial all about drawing faces go up on the Get Messy blog. You have to be a member of the community to see it, but you can join Get Messy at any time!

I drew this lovely lady in my art journal. Her face and the background are watercolor and her hair is done with acrylic paints.


I wanted this page to have a magical background so I grabbed my watercolors and salt shaker and created one of my favorite watercolor galaxies. And yes, I do keep a salt shaker in my art supplies. I use it a lot.

I also tried out a new medium on this page- Gold Mica Flakes by Golden.


This last page doesn't seem like my normal style to me, but I had fun with it.

I doodled the stripes on the right, and the green ferns on the left are actually a leftover piece of transfer foil from a different project. They're super shiny, which you can see in the second picture!


We're already halfway through the season of introspection! I've really been enjoying making these deep, introspective pages. What about you?