Get Messy Thursday

It is the Season of Introspection in the Get Messy community, and I am using an altered atlas as my art journal.


       Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program that is a school, art playground and family. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and suppport and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal.

You can read more about why I love the Get Messy community here.

Let's start with my favorite page: As I mentioned last week, I am working in an old atlas I took apart and rebound.  I gesso'ed over the map page and then painted on watercolor trees. This page was inspired by Ariel's Forest of Introspection page. I just loved her page, so I painted on my own forest.

The girl is a photocopy of a watercolor painting I did in my sketchbook. 


This page is much simpler than my normal style. It's more of a collage look.  I cut the "renew the spirit" saying out of a travel magazine (love those) and glued it onto some tracing paper.


You know I just can't keep galaxies from popping up in my journal.

This page actually had a lot of journaling on it, following the Get Messy Art Journal prompts for the week, but I painted over it. I had a rough day and I needed to journal it out, but I also don't like having my journal be too feel-y, you know?


So there we have it, my 3 pages for the week! Some days I can finish a page in just a short time and others it may take me a week to finish a page. What about you?