Get Messy Thursday



It is the Season of Introspection in the Get Messy community, and I am using an altered atlas as my art journal.


         Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program that is a school, art playground and family. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and suppport and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal.

You can read more about why I love the Get Messy community here.


This week I worked on 3 different pages and they all ended up different. 
For my first page I was inspired by Pantone's colors of the year. When they first announced them last year, I really didn't like them, but they've grown on me a bit.  For this page I used the Tombow equivalent which are 761 and 533 in their dual brush pens.

To get the color block look on the letters, I wrote them with 533, placed a piece of paper covering half of the word and then went back over them a couple of times to get a darker shade. I also shaded them with 761.



My second page is pretty simple. I sketched on the girl and then painted her with Gouache. It was my first time trying out gouache and I'm still learning the medium. I added a bit of journaling to the side of the page.


And my last page isn't actually finished yet. I did the art part and then thought "what am I going to journal about that has to do with fruit?"... I have no idea. But I just love watermelons and fruit icons right now, so that is what obviously inspired this page.

I doodled the watermelons, but the citrus diecut is by Pretty Little Studio.



Do you have a 3 day weekend coming up, since it is the 4th of July weekend? We do, although I'm not sure what our weekend plans are yet. Hopefully some art time!