Get Messy Thursday- Art Journal Backgrounds

It is the Season of Music in the Get Messy community, and I am using an altered atlas as my art journal.

               Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program that is a school, art playground and family. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and suppport and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal.

You can read more about why I love the Get Messy community here.
--

This week I worked in my art journal, playing with paint and making backgrounds, but I really wasn't feeling the journaling part. So I just didn't journal. Both of my pages this week are just all about the backgrounds.


This first page is a combination of paint, fabric tape and a gelli print transparency. To make a gelli transparency is pretty easy, you just let paint dry on your Gelli Plate, and then place either clear packing tape or clear contact paper over it, which picks up the paint, and peel it off!

I didn't adhere down the right side of the gelli print, so I can always add in journaling later if I want to.


My next page I really don't love, but I was playing with putting crackle paste through a stencil.

I also just recently bought that metallic/holographic washi tape, which I am in love with. It's so shiny.


Do you ever just not have anything you want to journal about, and instead focus on making art? Truthfully the art is my favorite part of "art journaling".