"Artist" Art Journal Zine

Today I have another art journal zine to share, I love doing these! It's fun to have a miniature art journal done in one theme. 

You can find the previous zines I've participated in here- SpaceSeaBoldVintageWoodland, SpiritGirl BossGothImagination,  Infinite Possibilities,  Home,  VanessaVerona, Abstract.

This time, the Zine Squad (Julia, Vanessa and I) collaborated with Clare to make an Artist themed zine for Misty Granade, because we think she's a super awesome artist.



The cover was a collaboration, I'm not sure who started it but I know Jules added the quote and the paint splatters for sure, and I outlined the quote with neon gel pens.



Both pages above are mine. I doodled "sunbursts" around the canvas image, which I ripped out of a magazine.




Page on the left by Jules, right by me.

Misty recently wrote a blog post all about the reasons why she makes things. I thought it was a fabulous list, so I printed it out and used some of her reasons in this zine.



The marbled paper and the black doodles were already on the page on the left, I added the quote and then did the page on the right.


Clare created the page above. It reminds me of space, so I used one of my favorite Star Trek quotes, about crayons.


Vanessa (I believe) started the page above with the fun paint design. I had these paint brush stickers I've been dying to use somewhere and this seemed like a great page for it.



And my last page. A classic Katie drawing, with a pretty watercolor background.

I had this zine last, before sending it to Misty. I actually love being last in collaborations, because I can see all of the already made pages and add doodles to them. :)


I love collaborating on art journals like this! I highly encourage you guys to go visit their blogs and see the rest of the zine, because the rest of the pages are amazing!