Welcome to The Circus Art Journal Zine

Today I have another art journal zine to share, I love doing these! It's fun to have a miniature art journal done in one theme. 

You can find the previous zines I've participated in here- SpaceSeaBoldVintageWoodland, SpiritGirl BossGothImagination,  Infinite Possibilities,  Home,  VanessaVeronaAbstract, Artist.

This time, the Zine Squad (Julia, Vanessa and I) collaborated with Misty to make a zine for Essie Ruth. We decided to go with a Circus theme. I have a love/hate relationship with circuses. I love some things about them, but I hate clowns. 

Anyway, here is the zine.


The lovely cover. I splattered watercolors all over it, and then the title was added by Misty, I think?



My first page above is a sort of collage of techniques. Magazine mage packgrounds, gelli print circles, stenciled medium, and glitter.

One of my other zine squad homies added the cut out of the girl, I think she really finished out the spread.


My second page, on the right.

I bought a pack of animal stamps at a garage sale recently and they just fir so well with the circus theme. I basically wanted to stamp elephants everywhere, but settled for just stamping over my painted background.


My most favorite page! You know I can't resist painting a galaxy. I had the idea to paint a night sky, with the silhouette of a circus on the horizon. I might have gone a bit wild with the watercolors. 


And a group page to finish it off! I doodled on the cute little elephant. I love how this page works so well, even though it just got small bits added with every person.


I stamped a couple more animals on the last page. I had to.. Just look at that hippo.

I love collaborating on art journals like this! I highly encourage you guys to go visit their blogs and see the rest of the zine, because the rest of the pages are amazing!