Get Messy- The Season of Gifts Week 2

It's the season of gifts over at Get Messy, So for the next few weeks I'll be working in my Gifts journal.

                        Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program that is a school, art playground and family. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and suppport and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal.

You can read more about why I love the Get Messy community here.
--

Week 2 of the Season of Gifts has come and gone! This week I've actually been working on so much- future blog projects, handmade Christmas gifts, secret zines, and of course I had to fit some time in for my regular art journaling.



My first page is all about the gifts I'm grateful for. Friendship, art, books, etc.

The background was so quick and simple (splashing watercolor onto a page!) but I am in love with it.


I'm not finished with my other page for the week yet. I'm not sure what I want the journaling to say.
It's obviously a Christmas theme, I painted a tree onto the flap and it opens up to reveal a lit up winter village (national geographic for the win).



Did y'all see Pantone's new color of the year? Greenery! I love it.