Get Messy - The Season of Gifts Week 3

It's the season of gifts over at Get Messy, So for the next few weeks I'll be working in my Gifts journal.

                         Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program that is a school, art playground and family. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and suppport and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal.

You can read more about why I love the Get Messy community here.
--

We're halfway through the Season of Gifts already, and Christmas is on Sunday! Wow! 


On my first page this week, I painted a watercolor aurora. The night skies are a gift to me, I could stare into the stars forever. I haven't seen the Northern Lights yet, but I will one day!

On the left side of the page I color blocked a section with green glitter paint. You have to use glitter when it's Christmas time, right?


Page two of the week:


I have mixed feelings about this one. I feel like it's only sort of my style. I think maybe it's the postage stamps I don't love. I mean, I love them, but they don't feel very "me".

I love that this journal has little flaps. I sketched the hand and colored it with Tombow Dual Brush Pens. I also used Tombow's Fude marker for the lettering.


This is my last post for the week- Merry Christmas Y'all! I hope you have a great holiday!