Get Messy - The Season of Gifts Week 4

It's the season of gifts over at Get Messy, So for the next few weeks I'll be working in my Gifts journal.

                          Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program that is a school, art playground and family. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and suppport and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal.

You can read more about why I love the Get Messy community here.
--

It's week 4 of the Season of Gifts. Right about now during the Seasons is when I'm really finding my groove, although I only actually did one page in my journal this week, with the holidays and all.

I've been trying to challenge myself to actually journal more in my journal. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I succeeded on this page.


I drew the reindeer in my sketchbook the week before Christmas, so then I scanned them in and made copies to add here into my journal, and then I had fun doodling in the Christmas lights.


As I said, only 1 page in my gifts journal this week. I have been working in another journal lately too though, So I'll share a few pages from it here.

I signed up for Caylee's The Minimalist Art Journal course, and this is the journal I have made for it. The pages don't have a theme other than trying to be minimal.


Bob Ross Wisdom. You can't argue with it.


Another page where I'm trying to actually journal. Also, Abstract painting is so hard for me.

And, Yes I know- Spelling fail.

I realized after I finished writing that I missed the U in Gorgeous.


And my last page for the week, I really like this one. When I was binding the journal I added a couple of transparency sheets into the binding, and here is one of them.
I scanned the girl in from my sketchbook, made a mirror image of her in photoshop and glue her onto both sides of the transparency, so she can flip between the pages.



Do you create more or less during the holiday season?