Might Ancestors - An Art Journal Zine

I'm a member of the Zine Squad, We make collaborative zines for and around people and subjects that inspire us!  I love doing these- It's fun to have a miniature art journal done in one theme. You can see all the past zines I've collaborated on here.

The zine squad (Julia, Vanessa and I) collaborated with Jaimee for this "Mighty Ancestors" zine for our friend Luz. 
Vanessa started this zine, then it went from Julia to Jaimee and I received it last to finish it out!


The cover ^


My page on the left. I copied the girl and wolf out of my sketchbook.

This one was a page started by Julia, and I added some of the elements on the right, like the fern girl, and the lettering.
I think the page on the left is by Vanessa, but I added the photo of my great, great grandmother (the 2nd lady, to the right).
The right side of the spread is mine, I stamped all of the little crystals and drew the large one.




You know I need a galaxy page, and I'm so pleased with how this one turned out. The mayan ruins (I ripped them from a NatGeo magazine, I think I remember it saying they were Mayan) are so perfect.

My page to the left and our sign off page to the right.

I love collaborating on art journals like this! I highly encourage you guys to go visit their blogs and see the rest of the zine, because the rest of the pages are amazing!