Book Review - Folded Book Art by Clare Youngs


Hey y'all! Today I am sharing a review of the book Folded Book Art by Clare Youngs.  First, let's start with a little bit about the book from the publisher:
Follow Clare Youngs' simple step-by-step projects to make a huge variety of creative book art projects. In the first chapter, Folding Books, get folding and make a beautiful bird, a sailor’s knot, and a shining star, they look impressive but are deceptively simple to make. In Chapter 2, Making Scenes, you will learn how to cut and glue splendid scenes such as tiny paper mushrooms and ferns under a glass bell jar, a fairytale castle, and a tiger in the jungle, all of which would make great gifts, or just keep and display them all yourself! Chapter 3, Refashioned Pages, has ideas for transforming the pages cut from books—make greeting cards, a botanical print lampshade, and hanging birds. All the projects have helpful step-by-step instructions and illustrations so all you need are a few old books and you are ready to start!

When I first saw the title of this book, my first thought was of those folded book angels I used to see older ladies make at Christmas. And while there are some folded designs like that in this book, there are also a ton of other ideas I wouldn't have guessed.


The Author, Clare Youngs, shows an amazing variety of projects, not just folded paper angels. My personal favorite projects are in chapter 2, which sows you how to make some projects such as paper ferns and these adorable paper mushrooms! I am definitely going to make those!


Clare has some really cool ideas for using individual book pages as well, such as the embroidered art pictured below, which I think is really neat.


This book was a really great surprise, and I look forward to making some of the projects included in it. So I definitely recommend it.

You can find out more about the book here.