Book Review- Simple Chic Crochet by Susan Ritchie and Karen Miller


Today I'm reviewing the book Simple Chic Crochet by Susan Ritchie and Karen Miller of Mrs Moon. First, let's start with a little bit about the book:

Susan Ritchie and Karen Miller’s mission is to show you howsimple it is to create your own modern-casual crochet garments,accessories and homewares. There are easy-to-hook projects thatwill grow so fast you’ll be finished in a day and larger or moreintricate items that will take longer.
Crocheting is really only a Fall and Winter hobby for me, and I don't share my yarn projects here on the blog much, but that won't stop me from enjoying a good crochet book!



In the beginning of the book you have the content section, and the 35 projects are separated into different categories.

Truthfully, I wouldn't make many of the projects in this book. Don't get me wrong- they're lovely!! but my crochet style isn't very chic. I'm a nerd and I usually crochet more fun things, like animal hats or tea cup coasters.
So it's just a personal preference of project style, if you make more stylish crochet projects, You will love the patterns in this book.

That being said, I did still love a few of the projects included, like this adorable owl.


It is nice that there are a variety of projects. Some that are perfect for beginners, and others that have more complicated stitches for more advanced crocheters! 


You can learn more about this book on CICO Books, here.

*I was compensated in the form of a free book  for this post, but all opinions are my own.