Book Review- Crocheted Animal Hats Book by Nicki Trench


Hey y'all, It's time for another book review! I want to thank CICO Books for keeping me supplied with some amazing craft books. You can never have too many.

Today I am reviewing the book Crocheted Animal Hats by Nicki Trench.  First, let's start with a little bit about the book from the publisher:
Choose from a wide variety of wild and wonderful animal hat designs; there are hats to keep little babies cosy, such as the super-cute rabbit and kitten and hats for toddlers and bigger kids such as the cool penguin, fierce (but sweet) shark and the cuddly polar bear. Most of the hats can be made in a range of sizes so adults who are young at heart won’t feel left out, and can have their very own tiger, fox or wolf hat. Each hat has easy-to-follow instructions and uses the simplest of stitches, with clear photographs to help with the all-important snouts, ears, eyes, noses and whiskers! With essential yarn information as well as a helpful techniques section, you’ll be ready to start crocheting fun animal hats in no time.


My absolute favorite thing to crochet would definitely be hats. Especially animal hats or character hats, so I was pretty excited to hear about this book.

This book includes 35 different hat patterns you can make, all of them fairly simple. It is divided up into size categories, such as hats for babies, kids, adults, etc.


There are some fun critter hats in this book that I haven't seen on pinterest yet, so that was refreshing.

My one wish was that Nicki made all of the hats with patterns to fit all sizes, so that I could easily make some of the baby hats into adult hats.
I am pretty decent at crocheting, so I will be able to figure out the sizing myself, but it would have been handy. :)

Overall, This is a great new crochet book. And I have a lot of new animal hats I want to crochet now to add to my hat collection. :)


*I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review, but all opinions are my own.