Book Review- Crocheted Bears and Other Animals by Emma Brown

Hey y'all, Today I have another book review for you. I received a copy of the book Crocheted Bears and Other Animals by Emma Brown to review from the wonderful people at CICO Books.


Let's start off with a bit from the publisher:
A world away from mass-produced plush toys, Emma Brown’s hand-crocheted creations live on the make-believe island of Shady Bay. The animals all have their part to play in island life. Ronnie the bear is the Ranger on Shady Bay and he takes his rucksack and cosy scarf whenever he goes on his outdoor adventures. Archie and Boris are two crafty canine brothers and together they build the homes for the other animals on the island. There’s Whimsie the bunny with a wild imagination and Breeze the owl who swoops high amongst the trees gathering the midnight fruit for the other animals. With 25 gorgeous patterns suitable for beginners through to experienced crafters, you’re sure to find a unique toy in Crocheted Bears and Other Animals that will spark a child’s imagination and become a firm friend for life. 
As it says in the book description, all of the little crocheted characters live on an island called Shady Bay, and each one has a little story about themselves in the book. I think that's so cute.

If you've never crocheted before, the book starts out with a little "before you begin" section that has recommendations for the bast yarn, hooks, etc. It includes a stitch conversion chart between US and UK terms.

In the back of the book it has all of the stitches and techniques you need to know explained out.


There are 25 different toy patterns in this book, and not just bears, there are also, puppies, hedgehogs, bunnies, bees,  and so many more, including the owls pictured above: Breeze and Woolie, who might be my favorites.

I put this review off for a little while hoping I might make one of the critters to show you, but I've been a bit busy filming some online classes so I haven't made anything from this book yet. YET. I do intend to make some of these adorable little animals!


*I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review, but all opinions are my own.