A Modern Poet Art Journal Zine

I'm a member of the Zine Squad, We make collaborative zines for and around people and subjects that inspire us!  I love doing these- It's fun to have a miniature art journal done in one theme. You can see all the past zines I've collaborated on here.

 This time the zine squad (Julia, Vanessa and I) collaborated with Tori for a Modern Poet themed zine for our friend Rebecca! This zine has a gorgeous collection of words.

The cover.

My page on the right.

While words aren't my personal strong point, I love words, and especially a good quote, so while searching pinterest for modern poetry, I came across the saying above and it inspired my drawing.


I got the x-ray flower image out of a magazine and it fit so well next to Vanessa's lovely black and white page on the right.


My page on the left. I did a bit of paint smooshing and "found poetry"  by combining some book text and I am in love with the results.

I love collaborating on art journals like this! I highly encourage you guys to go visit their blogs and see the rest of the zine, because the rest of the pages are amazing!