Get Messy Season of Nature - Week 1


It is the Season of Nature at *Get Messy. So for the  next few weeks I'm working in this  Nomad Notebook journal.

                        *Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program that is a school, art playground and family. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal.

You can read more about why I love the Get Messy community here..
--

Earlier this Fall I won an instagram giveaway that included a couple of these Repurposed XL Nomad Notebooks.  These notebooks are filled with different types of papers: white, kraft, cream, graph, tracing and recycled newspaper, which I think is really cool and make for great journal backgrounds.

I'm using one of these notebooks as my journal for this new season.

Here are my two pages for the week. I plan to use a lot of my own nature photos (because I take a ton of them) in this journal. So I've used one on this spread below, and cut a circle out of the vellum page so you can see through it. :)


My other page for the week:

The bear (and the girl above too, btw) is a coy of one of my drawings from my sketchbook. The page on the left below took me about 45 minutes of nothing but drawing lines. But it was very relaxing and I love doing activities like that.



I'm really excited about this season. I think it's perfect for me.