Get Messy Season of Nature - Week 4


It is the Season of Nature at *Get Messy. So for the  next few weeks I'm working in this  Nomad Notebook journal.

                        *Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program that is a school, art playground and family. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal.

You can read more about why I love the Get Messy community here..
--

I've got 2 pages from my art journal to share with y'all this week. This first one I love. I created a collage of galaxy images (from NatGeo magazines) for the night sky, and used a photo of Mount Rainier (that I photographed on one of my hikes) below the night sky. 

I finished off the page with some painted on trees in the foreground and a quote from John Muir. He has the best nature quotes.

My other page for the week is a pretty simply one, but I'm pleased with it. The girl is a copy from my sketchbook, and I cut out all of the letters on the right half of the page from a gelli print.



I received a set of oil paints as a Christmas gift, so most of my extra free time (when I usually journal) this past week has been spent experimenting and learning oils instead of journaling. ;)

Have you ever used oil paints? Any tips?